If you regret sending a message, you can use Undo Send by enabling delay sending of all emails by up to any duration you want. This setting gives you the option to take back a message you are still sending.
How to undo a sent email
With Undo Send enabled, you can undo a sent email with the following ways:
- Immediately after sending, a message will pop-up from your menu bar, giving you the option to undo the sending. Click Undo Send to re-edit the email before resending.
- (If you disabled Undo Send popover) immediately after sending, click on your menu bar icon. An Undo Send message will pop-up, giving you the option to undo the sending.
- Immediately after you have sent an email, go to your Outbox and select the outgoing email. Select Undo Send from the green banner shown on top of your message.
- Immediately after you have sent an email, go to your Outbox, right-click on the email you would like to recall and select Undo Send.
Undo Send is a feature already available on Gmail. To undo a sent email on Gmail, follow these instructions:
1. Make sure you have enabled Undo Send in your Gmail. To do this, go to Gmail -> Settings.
2. Select the default undo time for Undo Send.
3. Click Save changes.
4. Now whenever you click Send to a composed message, you will see a message at the bottom left corner of your screen. Click Undo to recall the sending message.
How to enable/disable Undo Send by default
- Login to your Mailbutler Dashboard (https://bowtie.mailbutler.io/).
- In the top right corner, click the drop-down menu next to your email and go to Preferences.
- In General, check enable undo send and set the amount of time you want your message to be delayed for.
- Save preferences at the bottom of the page.
Disable Undo Send pop-up message by default on Apple Mail
- Go to Mail -> Preferences -> Mailbutler.
- Uncheck ‘Always show Undo Send popover’: