If you regret sending a message, you can easily recall it by enabling delayed sending of all emails by up to any duration you want. This setting gives you the option to take back a message you are still sending.
Note: Undo Send works by holding the email in the Outbox folder on your account, for a time you specify. After that time, the message is delivered to the recipient and cannot be recalled.
How to undo a sent email
Note: some email clients, like Gmail, and Outlook, already have a similar feature built-in. This is why Undo Send by Mailbutler is currently available for Apple Mail.
With Undo Send enabled, you have multiple ways of stopping a message from being sent:
- Immediately after sending, a message will pop-up from your menu bar, giving you the option to cancel the sending. Click Undo Send to re-edit the email before resending.
- (If you have disabled the popover) immediately after sending, click on your menu bar icon. An Undo Send message will pop-up, giving you the option to stop the email from being sent.
- Immediately after you have sent an email, go to your Outbox and select the outgoing email. Select Undo Send from the green banner shown on top of your message.
- Immediately after you have sent an email, go to your Outbox, right-click on the email you would like to unsend and select Undo Send.
How to enable/disable Undo Send by default
1. Log in to your Mailbutler Dashboard-> Preferences
2. In the top right corner, click the drop-down menu next to your email and go to Preferences.
3. In General, check enable undo send and set the amount of time you want your message to be delayed for.
4. Save preferences at the bottom of the page.
Disable Undo Send pop-up message by default on Apple Mail
- Go to Mail -> Preferences -> Mailbutler.
- Uncheck ‘Always show Undo Send popover’: