With Mailbutler’s Tracking Details feature, you can see the details of:
- Your tracked emails: how often your message has been opened, when, where and on what device.
- Your tracked links: how often your link has been opened, when, where and on what device.
To use Tracking Details, please ensure that Email Tracking feature has been enabled.
Follow the steps below to see your tracking details:
- First, log into your email account.
- In your sent folder, click on the desired email.
3. Next, locate the tracked icon on the top right-hand corner of the message.4. Click on the icon to reveal your tracking details.
3. Next, locate the tracked icon next to your sender info in the message.
4. Click on the icon to reveal your tracking details.
How does Email Tracking work?
At Mailbutler, we use the same technology that email newsletter services use by relying on a 1-pixel image in your email.
So if you activate the Email Tracking for a specific email, Mailbutler automatically include a hidden 1-pixel image with a unique mail-ID into the outgoing mail.
Once the recipient opens your email, the recipient’s mail client or web service sends a request to our server in order to load the hidden 1-pixel image. Our servers then collect and store the mail-ID and the date/time of such request. We, in turn, pass on the date/time and mail-ID to your Mailbutler software where it is linked to the specific email and enables the Mailbutler software to display the second checkmark in the Sent folder.