You can achieve ‘inbox zero’ more quickly by using Mailbutler’s Snooze functionality which allows you to temporarily archive any emails you want to deal with later.
Snoozed emails will reappear on top of your inbox at a time and date of your choosing.
How to Snooze an Email
- First, log in to your Apple Mail or Gmail account and select the email you want to temporarily snooze.
- In your inbox, locate the half-moon snooze icon in the menu bar of your Apple Mail or beside the selected email in your Gmail.
- Now click on the drop-down arrow next to the half-moon icon to set the time and date you want the email to reappear in your inbox.
4. Once this is done, your snoozed emails will be stored in a Snoozed folder inside your Apple Mail or Gmail account for easy access.
Unsnooze an email
To manually unsnooze an email ahead of the set time, follow the steps below:
- First, open the Snoozed folder in your Apple Mail or Gmail.
- Then select the email you want to unsnooze.
- Right click on the email and select Unsnooze.
- The email will now reappear in your inbox.
With Mailbutler, you have the option of setting certain Snooze preferences such as the time offset or to automate snooze during working hours. To set your Snooze Preferences, kindly follow the steps below:
- Login to Mailbutler´s Dashboard (https://bowtie.mailbutler.io/).
- Click on the icon beside your name at the top right of the screen to show your account menu.
- On the drop-down menu that appears, click on Preferences.
- Scroll down to the General tab.
- Here, you can manage the following Snooze preferences:
- Set Snooze Time Offset
- Select Snooze to working hours
- Change your Working Hours