Mailbutler’s Follow-Up Reminder feature helps you to follow up on your emails when you haven’t received a reply yet by sending you reminders at the times you have set.
Set a Follow-Up Reminder
- Open Apple Mail or Gmail.
- Click on compose and start writing your email.
3. Click on the follow-up reminder button to create a follow-up reminder. You can also add comments to the follow-up reminder.
4. Click on the calendar icon to customize the date and time.
5. Set your preferred follow-up date and time. Now Mailbutler will send you a notification when the follow-up reminder is due.
6. Once you have followed-up on your emails, check the boxes from the menu bar app to mark these actions as complete.
3. Click on the follow-up button.
4. Next, select a time frame.
5. Click Confirm to set the reminder. Mailbutler will notify you when it’s time to follow-up on your emails.
6. Once you have followed-up on your emails, check the boxes from the quick access Chrome extension to mark these actions as done.
Follow-Up Reminder notifications
If you are using a macOS computer, the follow-up reminders can be seen in the menu bar app under Tasks. If you are using Mailbutler as a Chrome extension, then all follow-up reminders are available by clicking on the quick access Chrome extension icon. Moreover, they are also be accessed in Mailbutler’s Dashboard under Tasks.
Before getting follow-up reminders notifications, you need to make sure that you have your notifications settings activated. If you are using Apple Mail follow these instructions to get notified.
If you are using Gmail:
- Go to Mailbutler Dashboard.
- Select Preferences.
- There, select Notifications.
- Check the Follow-up due option to receive notifications.
You will be reminded by Mailbutler that you need to follow-up on your emails through pop-up messages appearing at the top-right corner of your screen. If you have Mailbutler linked with other apps and depending on the notification settings of each app, you will also be reminded to follow-up on emails through that external services.
Syncing Follow-Up Reminders with other apps
Follow-up Reminders can be synched with 3rd party apps such as Todoist, Wunderlist, Asana, and many others. Depending on your settings you will get a notification from your task manager apps when it’s time to follow-up on your emails.
Configure Follow-Up Reminders
Here you will find more about how the follow-up reminders are automatically deleted, where can you find them, and how will you know when it’s time to follow-up on emails.
- First, open your Mailbutler dashboard.
- Click on Preferences on the drop-down menu next to your name (located on the right-hand side of the dashboard).
- Under General, locate the follow-up preferences.
- If you check the Delete follow-up after message reply option, the follow-up reminder you set for an email will automatically be deleted once you receive a reply in your inbox.
- The Follow-up during working hours only option lets you receive notifications for follow-ups on unanswered emails during your specific working hours.
- You can define the default time to receive follow-up reminders by selecting the specific minutes, days or hours.
- You can also specify additional time offsets to give you more options when setting your reminders manually.
- When you are done, click save.