Mailbutler can remind you to follow-up to important emails that you haven’t received a reply yet. You can do this by setting up a Follow-up Reminder when you are composing a message. Follow-up Reminders can also be synced with your task manager app through Integrations.
This article shows you how to set up a reminder, manage them and receive notifications for your follow-ups.
⚙️ This is an Integration feature. You can sync created items with an external service.
Set a Follow-up Reminder
1. Open Apple Mail, Gmail or the Mobile App.
2. Start composing your email.
3. To set a follow-up reminder, click on Set when to follow up located in the Sidebar.
4. Pick a default time interval, or a custom time for your reminder, then click Use custom date.
5. A Follow-up Reminder will be created.
6. Continue composing the email and click Send.
7. If you never received a reply for your email, Mailbutler will send you a notification reminding you to follow-up at the time you have selected.
8. Mark your Follow-up Reminders as complete by checking the boxes to the left.
9. You Delete them by clicking on the three dots on the left, then clicking on Cancel Follow-up Reminder (this cannot be reverted)
3. Click the Follow-up Reminder button.
4. Pick a default time interval, or a custom time for your reminder.
5. Click Confirm.
6. The follow-up reminder icon will now turn green, indicating that a follow-up reminder has been set.
7. Continue composing the message, and press Send.
8. If you never received a reply for your email, Mailbutler will send you a notification reminding you to follow-up at the time you have selected.
9. Mark your Follow-up Reminders as complete by checking the boxes to the left.
10. You Delete them by clicking on the three dots on the left, then clicking on Unset Reminder (this cannot be reverted)
3. Go to Emails.
4. Click on the airplane icon to compose a new email.
5. Click on the Follow-up icon and choose specific date and time to receive the Follow-up.
6. Click on set to confirm / Click on clear to set up a new date and time / Click on cancel when you want to cancel.
Receive notifications from Mailbutler by default
You can enable/disable Mailbutler to send you notifications on due follow-up’s by default.
- Go to your Mailbutler Dashboard -> Preferences -> Notifications.
- Enable/disable ‘Follow-up due’ notifications by checking or unchecking the box circled:
Enable notifications in Apple Mail and Gmail
Mailbutler notifies you when it’s time to follow-up to your email. Make sure you have already granted permission for Mailbutler to send you notifications:
- (for Apple Mail users) How to configure Mailbutler notification settings on macOS
- (for Gmail users) How to configure Mailbutler notification settings on your Chrome browser
Configure settings for Follow-up Reminders
You can further customize settings of Follow-up Reminders, such as the default reminder time offsets.
1. Login to your Mailbutler Dashboard.
2. Click on Preferences on the drop-down menu next to your name.
3. Under General, locate the follow-up preferences:
The Follow-up during working hours only option – lets you receive notifications for follow-ups on unanswered emails during your specific working hours.
You can also:
- Change the default time interval to receive reminders. These changes will appear in your email when scheduling a follow-up reminder (see Gmail picture from step 4).
- Specify additional time intervals for more options when setting your reminders manually.
4. When you are done, click Save.
Receive notifications from Mailbutler on your mobile
- Enable Notifications for Mailbutler’s mobile app in your phone settings so you could get real-time push notifications on your screen.
- You will also need to enable Notifications in your Mailbutler Preferences.
Syncing Follow-up Reminders with other apps
Just like Tasks, Mailbutler allows you to sync your Follow-up Reminders across other productivity platforms such as Todoist, Asana, Wunderlist and many others.
Depending on your settings you will get a notification from your task manager app when it’s time to follow-up to an email.
We currently support integration with:
- Wunderlust – Sync Mailbutler with Wunderlist
- Todoist – Sync Mailbutlerwith Todoist
- Asana – Sync Mailbutlerwith Asana
- Google Tasks – Sync Mailbutlerwith Google Tasks
- Microsoft Todo – Sync Mailbutler with Microsoft Todo
- Trello – Sync Mailbutler with Trello
- MeisterTask – Sync Mailbutler with MeisterTask
- Toodledo – Sync Mailbutler with Toodledo
- Slack – Sync Mailbutler with Slack