Mailbutler’s Note functionality for both Apple Mail and Gmail allows you to create a note and attach it to an email either to remind you or your team of something important.
You can create a private or public note.
How to create a private note
- After setting up your Mailbutler account, log into your Apple Mail or Gmail account
- Select the email you want to add a note to
- You will locate the “Note” icon in your email menu bar like in the image below. Go ahead and click on the icon
4. Now write your note and hit Enter
Your note will be saved and can only be seen by you.
To create a public note to be shared with another person, follow the steps below
How to create a public note
- First, log into your Apple Mail or Gmail inbox and compose your email
- Now, create your note using the steps shown above
- When you are done, click on the arrow icon ( check image below) to switch from Private to Public note
Your note is now public and the recipient of your email can read the note as well.
How to link Mailbutler to an external Note Service
Mailbutler’s Integrations feature allows you to connect your Mailbutler account with other external Note services like Evernote and OneNote. Follow the steps below to do so
- Sign into your Mailbutler Dashboard (https://bowtie.mailbutler.io/)
- At the top right-hand corner, click the drop-down menu below your name and go to Integrations
- Next, click on add integration
- Select a Note Service from the drop-down menu that pops up (e.g. Evernote)
- Sign into your Evernote (or any other note service) account and authorize access to Mailbutler.
- After that, you will be redirected to your Mailbutler account. Enter your Evernote ( or other Note services) account details and click update
- You can see the services you have connected your Mailbutler account to under Integrations in your Mailbutler Dashboard
How to see my notes in my external Note Service
- Log into your external Note Service
- Go to “Notes“ and click on it. All your notes from the Mailbutler integration will be displayed there
How to disconnect Mailbutler from an external Note Service
You can always change or remove the external services you have integrated into Mailbutler by doing the following:
- First, log in to your Mailbutler Dashboard (https://bowtie.mailbutler.io/)
- Click on your name at the top right of the page
- Click integrations
- All your external service integrations are displayed there. Click on the service you wish to disconnect from and click the “bin” icon to remove
- You have now successfully disconnected your external note service from your Mailbutler Account