Message Templates by Mailbutler allows you to save pre-written rich email templates and insert them when composing an email, a huge time-saver for users and teams who need to send the same email repeatedly. You can further make use of Message Templates by sharing them with your team.
This article shows you how you can create and manage Message Templates in your Dashboard.
🙌 This feature can be extended in Mailbutler for Teams. You can share created items with your team members.
How to create a new Message Template
1 . Login to your Mailbutler Dashboard.
2. From your sidebar menu, go to Message Templates.
3. Click on New Template.
4. Name your template and enter the Subject of your message.
5. Enter your message body in the rich text editor. You can customize your font, colors; and add links, images, tables, and placeholders.
6. For team users: select the team you want to share this template with under Team Sharing. (More about Shared Message Templates)
7. Click Update.
Message Templates created on your Dashboard are automatically synced to Mailbutler in your email client.
Manage your Message Templates in your Dashboard
You can find a collection of all your created and shared Message Templates in Dashboard -> Message Templates.
This page shows you:
- The sharing status and owner of a shared template
- The number of times a template is used
- The open rate of a template (requires Open Tracking)
Additionally, here you can make the following changes to your Message Templates:
- Preview how the template looks
- Duplicate the template
- Edit and make changes to the template, including revoke team access
- Delete your template (this cannot be reverted)
Share Message Templates with your team
Message Templates created in Mailbutler can be shared with members of your team.