With the Slack integration for Mailbutler, you get notified by a Mailbutler slackbot about the tracking details of an email or if a task is due.
How to integrate Slack with Mailbutler
- First, log in to your Mailbutler dashboard (https://bowtie.mailbutler.io/).
- Then click the dashboard menu icon next to your name (on the top right-hand corner of the dashboard).
- Afterward, a drop-down menu appears, where you select Integrations.
- On the next site, you find all the available integrations by clicking on Add service. Scroll to the service you want to add and click on it.
- The last step is now on the next site to sign into your Slack workspace and give Mailbutler the permission to access it.
- Once that is done, the new service appears in your list of successful integrations. And in Slack itself, you can see the Mailbutler Bot which will supply you with your information via direct message.
How to disconnect the service
- In order to disconnect or change the settings for your integration, first, log into your Mailbutler dashboard. Access the list of integrations and follow steps 1 – 3 above.
- Afterward, click the trash icon to disconnect the service from your Mailbutler account.
How to Send Tasks to your account
After a successful integration, the Mailbutler bot automatically messages you via Slack if someone opens a tracked email or one of your tasks is due. You find the Mailbutler bot under the apps section.
You can view your task list in slack by sending “/remind list” in any one of your chats.