Privacy settings on the dashboard allow you to control how much information Mailbutler stores about your emails. This is useful when you are using features such as email Tracking, Snooze, Scheduling, Notes, and Tasks.
How to choose your privacy settings
- Under preferences, click on the Privacy tab.
- You can now customize your privacy settings. Choose what information you want Mailbutler to store about your emails. On the right-hand side you see a preview of how an opening notification with the chosen setting would look like. You get those notifications when a tracked email is opened.With the exception of Subject, Recipient names and email addresses privacy setting, all others come with the option of clearing all existing information. If you opt for one of the four privacy settings and want to clear the existing data, just thick the Clear all existing information box, which is just below the listed privacy settings.
- If you allow Mailbutler to store the subject, recipient names, and email addresses of your email, you’ll receive a notification like this:
- Allowing Mailbutler to store the subject and recipient email addresses of your email, will give you notification like the following:
- If you allow Mailbutler access to subject and masked email addresses of your email, you’ll receive a notification like this:
- Choosing to allow Mailbutler to store only the subject of your email, will give you a notification similar to this:
- If you allow Mailbutler to store nothing, your notifications look like this: