Mailbutler’s Evernote Exporter allows you to send emails directly to your Evernote account with one click. Follow the steps below to do so.
How to install and set up Evernote Exporter
- Please click on the following link and enter your email address and name to receive the Evernote Exporter download link: https://www.mailbutler.io/evernote-exporter/
- Now go to your inbox and confirm the subscription. Once that is done, you will receive an email with a link to download the free Evernote Exporter. Click on the link to download the plugin.
- Once the download completes, go to your Downloads folder and open the Evernote Exporter Installer package.
- Now follow the default installation steps to install the plugin.
- Next, open Apple Mail.
- Click Mail in the menu bar at the top left of the screen and select Preferences as shown in the image below. Note: if you are using previous versions of macOS (version 10.13 or older) follow the steps 7 to 9. If you are using 10.14 Mojave, then skip to step 10.
- In Preferences, you should see the Evernote icon as one of the tabs. If you don’t, click the double arrow on the far right like in the image below to reveal it.
- Now click on Evernote Export.
- Click on the switch and enter your Evernote account details to link your Evernote account with Mailbutler.
- After having opened your mail preferences, click on Manage Plug-ins in the General tab.
11. Activate the plugin EvernoteExporter.mailbundle by checking the checkbox.
12. Click Apply and Restart Mail.
Once that is done, your Mailbutler will be linked to your Evernote account and you can quickly export emails from your Apple Mail to Evernote with one click.
How to export an email to Evernote with Evernote Exporter
- Start by logging into your Apple Mail account.
- Next, select the email you wish to export to Evernote.
- Now, click the Evernote symbol, the email is automatically sent to your notes.
4. Finally, you can check your exported emails by going to your Notes folder in your Evernote account.
How to create a Note using the Evernote Exporter
- Open Apple Mail and click on the email you want to attach a note to.
- Click on the drop-down arrow beside the Evernote Exporter icon and select Create note.
- Now create your note. Make sure you tick the attachment box to include your email attachments. Now click Save.
- Your note will be saved into your selected folder in Evernote.
How to uninstall Evernote Exporter
- First, open Finder.
- Press Cmd+Shift+G on your keyboard to search.
- Enter /Library/Mail/Bundles/ and click confirm.
- Locate Evernote Exporter and move it to trash.
- Now restart your Apple Mail. Evernote Exporter will be successfully removed from your Mail preferences.