Mailbutler email tracking tool for Gmail and Apple Mail keeps you updated on the status of your sent emails with receipt confirmations on your attachments, links, and messages. Find out more about email tracking here.
How to track emails
To supercharge your inbox with email tracking, follow the steps below to activate the tracking icon before you hit the send button.
- Compose your new email
- Now click the tracking button which is a check mark icon like the one in the image below
3. Finish your email and click on send
You have successfully activated tracking and you can see when the recipient opens your mail.
How to receive Tracking notifications
Mailbutler will show a blue double checkmark in your Sent folder if the recipient has opened the email. You can see the exact time and date at the top of the email.
A single checkmark shows that the tracking is active but the recipient hasn’t opened the email yet.
Double checkmark shows email has been received and opened
In Apple Mail, you can also enable your mail notifications to allow you to receive tracking notifications by email. Follow the steps below to do so:
- Choose Apple () menu > System Preferences, then click Notifications.
- Now select Mail from the list of Apps in the left-hand corner. Tick all the notification settings under Mail to allow you to receive Mailbutler tracking notifications
Here, you can see the details of how often your message has been opened, when, where and on what device. Follow the steps below to see your tracking details:
- First, log into your Apple mail account
- In your sent folder, click on the desired email
- Next, locate the tracked icon on the top right-hand corner of the message
- Click on the icon to reveal your tracking details
How to Enable Tracking by Default
- Log into the Mailbutler Dashboard (https://bowtie.mailbutler.io/)
- At the top right corner, click the drop-down menu next to your email and go to Preferences
- Now, check enable tracking under General
You have successfully enabled email tracking by default and all your out-going emails will be automatically tracked.
How to Manage Tracking Notifications
Now that all your emails are being tracked by default, you may want to control the tracking notifications you receive. Follow these steps to enable/ disable your tracking notifications according to your preference
- Login to your Mailbutler Dashboard (https://bowtie.mailbutler.io)
- In the top right corner, click the drop-down menu next to your email and go to Preferences.
- Under the Notifications tab, check/uncheck tracking Notifications
- You can now finish by saving preferences