This article is also available in: Deutsch
Welcome to Mailbutler! This article will guide you through the easy steps on how to download and install Mailbutler for your inbox.
Download and install Mailbutler
1. Log into your Mailbutler Dashboard (https://bowtie.mailbutler.io/).
2. Locate the drop-down menu by clicking on the icon beside your name (located on the far right-hand corner of the dashboard). Click on Downloads.
When you log in to your Mailbutler Dashboard for the first time, you will be immediately presented with the download options .
3. Here you’ll find all the available versions of Mailbutler and their respective system requirements. Select the version(s) you prefer by clicking Download.
4. Open your Downloads folder and double click on the zip file.
5. Double click on the Mailbutler installer file to open.
6. Confirm the installation by clicking Open.
7. Click the button to move Mailbutler into your Applications Folder.
8. If requested, click OK to give permission to install Mailbutler.
9. Enter your computer’s account password if needed.
10. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
11. Once the installation is complete, restart Apple Mail.
12. (For macOS Mojave users only) After installation, please enable Mailbutler manually in Mail by following the instructions here. Otherwise, Mailbutler tab will not show up in Preferences.
13. Go to your menu bar and click on the Mailbutler icon to open your companion app. Log in to your Mailbutler account and activate the plugin.
4. You will be redirected to Mailbutler for Gmail page in Chrome Web Store. Click Add to Chrome.
5. Confirm the installation by clicking on Add Extension.
6. Once the download is finished, a new tab with your Gmail inbox will open.
7. Log in with your Mailbutler account details.
4. You will be redirected to Mailbutler for Outlook page in the Microsoft AppSource store. Click GET IT NOW.
5. Next click on Continue.
6. You will now be redirected to the Outlook web client. Click Install.
7. You will see the add-in appear on the toolbar of your client. Click on the icon to open the add-in window.
8. Click on Start using Mailbutler.
Check if Mailbutler is installed
Mailbutler in Apple Mail
Mailbutler is correctly installed in Apple Mail if you see these new buttons added to your Inbox view:
And you should also find new buttons added to your Compose window:
Mailbutler in Gmail
To check if Mailbutler is added to your Gmail, find a bright green drop-down button next to your Compose button:
You should also find a new toolbar in your Compose window:
Not sure where to begin? This onboarding guide helps you quickly get used to Mailbutler’s features and how to incorporate them to your workflow.
If Mailbutler has been successfully installed you will see two buttons added to your tools bar.