Mailbutler’s CargoLifter allows you to send files of unlimited size in your email using your favorite cloud service. Follow the steps below to do so.
How to install and set up CargoLifter
Please go to the following link and enter your email address and name to receive the download link: https://www.mailbutler.io/cargolifter/
- Confirm the subscription email in your inbox. Once that is done, you will receive an email with a link to download CargoLifter. Click on the link to download the plugin.
downloadis completed, go to your Downloads folder and open the CargoLifter Installer package.
- Follow the default installation steps to install the plugin.
- Next, open Apple Mail.
- Click Mail in the menu bar at the top left of the screen and select Preferences as shown in the image below. Note: if you are using previous versions of macOS (version 10.13 or older) follow step 6. If you are using 10.14 Mojave or higher, please skip to step 7.
- In Apple Mail’s Preferences, you should see CargoLifter’s icon as one of the tabs. If you don’t, click the double arrow on the far right to reveal it.
- After having opened your Mail preferences, click on Manage Plug-ins in the General tab.
8. Activate the plugin CargoLifter.mailbundle by checking the checkbox,
9. Click Apply and Restart Mail.
10. Now click on Preferences -> CargoLifter.
11. Add your preferred upload services:
You can add/edit/remove your upload services anytime. Additionally, you can further customize CargoLifter:
- Define minimum file size for CargoLifter to automatically upload your attachments
- Define how CargoLifter displays the file link in your email.
How to send large files using CargoLifter
- Start by logging into your Apple Mail account.
- Next, compose a new message.
- Add the file you would like to attach in your email. If it exceeds the default limit, you will see an option to upload this file through your cloud service:
4. Check ‘Upload attachments with …’.Your document will be uploaded to the cloud service and a link to the document added to your email.
How to uninstall CargoLifter
- First, open Finder.
- Press Cmd+Shift+G on your keyboard to search.
- Enter /Library/Mail/Bundles/ and click confirm.
- Locate CargoLifter and move it to trash.
- Now restart your Apple Mail. CargoLifter will be successfully removed from your Mail preferences.